Hypersensitivity to formal clothing

Hello!

I can't stand the satiny texture of the interlining in suit jackets, the texture of neckties, and the texture of formal leather shoe insoles.

For my thesis oral exam/presentation I turned up in a cotton shirt, black jeans and fabric plimsolls and it wasn't an issue for anyone.

I have an interview coming up for which I have to wear a jacket and tie.

I'm convinced I'm going to flunk this interview. It hurts so much to touch this texture. It really is indescribable. Torture. Nobody can understand. 

I don't think I'll ever find a job. If only they'd drop the smart dress requirement. This will ruin all prospects for survival.

It's too late for this interview but if you know where I can purchase a suit, tie and formal-looking shoes without the silky feeling kindly inform. It might come in handy in the future.

Thank you

Parents
  • You have an advantage because of the time of year - it's so hot that no-one will expect you to keep a jacket on.  Take the jacket with you and put it on just before you go into the interview and directly you're in, ask them if they mind if you take the jacket off - they will all be hot too so they will agree with you - everyone will be more comfortable.

It's not perfect, but it will minimise the time you're in your jacket.

Wear a light cotton shirt - maybe a size up from normal so even with the collar buttoned up and a tie, it's not tight around your neck. 

• You have an advantage because of the time of year - it's so hot that no-one will expect you to keep a jacket on.  Take the jacket with you and put it on just before you go into the interview and directly you're in, ask them if they mind if you take the jacket off - they will all be hot too so they will agree with you - everyone will be more comfortable.

It's not perfect, but it will minimise the time you're in your jacket.

Wear a light cotton shirt - maybe a size up from normal so even with the collar buttoned up and a tie, it's not tight around your neck. 

Children