Autistic and Pregnant - Advice needed

Hi,

wondering if anyone has any experience of being on the spectrum and pregnant?

my sensory issues have gone absolutely crazy. I’m finding it very difficult to mask and my midwives are being so unhelpful, it’s actually spoiling my pregnancy 

any experiences/advice/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

also... how was the birth for anyone? With peoples pain thresholds? I know mine is different to NTs. Can anyone relate? 

Parents
  • Hi. I had my son 15 years ago and was only diagnosed last year, so I had no idea that I was autistic when I was pregnant. I found in the first trimester my anxiety was really bad and my senses were all heightened but I think NTs experience this aswell. I would recommend using any relaxation techniques you have to try to stay as calm as possible, that seemed to help me. Most of those symptoms improved as the pregnancy progressed aswell.

Thankfully for me the labour was quite quick and I gave birth having only had 2 paracetamol. I was willing to have any painkillers they offered but because the birth was quick there wasn't enough time. 

My general advice would be to take it as easy as you can and look after yourself. I'm sorry you are having difficulties with the midwives, I hope this improves for you. 

• Hi. I had my son 15 years ago and was only diagnosed last year, so I had no idea that I was autistic when I was pregnant. I found in the first trimester my anxiety was really bad and my senses were all heightened but I think NTs experience this aswell. I would recommend using any relaxation techniques you have to try to stay as calm as possible, that seemed to help me. Most of those symptoms improved as the pregnancy progressed aswell.

Thankfully for me the labour was quite quick and I gave birth having only had 2 paracetamol. I was willing to have any painkillers they offered but because the birth was quick there wasn't enough time. 

My general advice would be to take it as easy as you can and look after yourself. I'm sorry you are having difficulties with the midwives, I hope this improves for you. 

Children
No Data