daylight getting longer

It seems not too long ago (maybe a couple months ago) it would be dark around 5, and now it's still light outside at 9.

I was wondering if anyone else's circadian rhythm has been affected? 

If yes, how does it affect you, e.g., do you feel more awake at night and more sleepy during that day? Or opposite?

Slight smile

Parents
  • My two youngest children have had their circadian rhythms affected by it getting light earlier, especially my 5 year old as she keeps waking up at 05:30! Personally though I could still easily sleep until 8-9, if I were allowed to! The light evenings make it difficult to have an early night though as I can not get to sleep when it’s still light outside! 

• My two youngest children have had their circadian rhythms affected by it getting light earlier, especially my 5 year old as she keeps waking up at 05:30! Personally though I could still easily sleep until 8-9, if I were allowed to! The light evenings make it difficult to have an early night though as I can not get to sleep when it’s still light outside! 

Children
  • My son is oblivious to the change in seasons he seems to have a strange internal clock that moves him on each day so that his sleep pattern moves each day. He is currently up all night and asleep all day - by next weekend he will have moved so that it is the other way round and then the whole thing starts again. We have tried melatonin but it only works when he is sleeping more at night anyway - it is ruining his life and ours at the moment, poor lad is 16.