Hospital Passports

I am due for my hospital passport to be updated , I know it needs to go with me when admitted to hospital, but I wonder why it seems to be only for that purpose and not for use when attending hospital outpatient appointments ?

Parents
  • details here for those who have not encountered it before:

https://www.autism.org.uk/about/health/hospital-passport.aspx

It does say: When you have completed your passport, take it with you whenever you visit hospital and show it to the doctors, nurses and any other healthcare professionals you come into contact with. So @parallelthinker  this implies you could/should take it to all appts

• Sounds very useful for those of us on the 'lower-functioning' end of the spectrum. Explaining my medical details is something I've never had a problem with, personally, but I can see how others would.

• I’ve had my hospital Passport drawn up by my autism team as the midwives dealing with my pregnancy have refused my reasonable adjustments, tried to have me put on anti depressants, said there is nothing wrong with me as I appear “normal” and I’m not on medication! The stuff with them just goes on and on... ignorance at it’s best! So it states exactly what I need and why and advises it needs to be followed due to the Equality Act.

• I’ve had my hospital Passport drawn up by my autism team as the midwives dealing with my pregnancy have refused my reasonable adjustments, tried to have me put on anti depressants, said there is nothing wrong with me as I appear “normal” and I’m not on medication! The stuff with them just goes on and on... ignorance at it’s best! So it states exactly what I need and why and advises it needs to be followed due to the Equality Act.

Children