PIP assessment at short notice.

I've just received a text message to ring and arrange a PIP assessment for myself, the message stated they have appointments available in the next 7 days.

The only available one I was given is 9am tomorrow morning.

I accepted it.

Have I made a fatal error.

I can't find anyone to go with me at such short notice.  And going alone terrifies me.

Is it normal to be given less than 24 hours notice of a PIP assessment.  Or are they playing games?

Parents
  • I'm back from my PIP assessment.

I went with my sister.

It went badly for me!

Lasted one hour.

Most Questions were slow and detailed about my physical conditions.  Which I don't suffer from.  And he ran out of time for the later social/mental ones that I do suffer from.

So I think going was a waste of time for me.

• Please don't be dishearten. They don't have a specific script of questions they ask every candidate so it shouldn't be a case of you were asked the wrong questions and ran out of time for the social/mental ones. They pick questions they feel are relevant from what you put on the form.

An hour is a long time so it sounds like the assessor was through. 

When you sent off your forms did you hand in any independent evidence to provide what you was saying was true e.g a copy of your autism report? As well as the interview they take all of that into consideration too.

• The asessor was a paramedic and repeated many of the questions that were on the form.  Such as my ability to walk. Lift my hands, stretch my arms, fingers, ability to climb stairs, get in and out of baths, on and off toilets etc.  The later questions about mental problems which we filled out on the original form were ignored due to lack of time.

• ignored due to lack of time.

...Emphasize this act especially and question it very much, and ignore prevarications, attempts at dismissing this, at linking it to anything else. The most important things for Yourself are the most important things to PRESS. As I said upon the Newer Thread, Officially Complain and "call out" their Flaws concerning that interview.

• The later questions about mental problems which we filled out on the original form were ignored due to lack of time.

...Me again. NEW THREAD, though. As I say there, put this into an official complaint. Sometimes, but it is much dependent upon luck/to-whom-one-is-speaking... they may reschedule the appointment and re-do it. That this occurred is not fair upon Yourself, and not right, and so jolly well TELL THEM that. In a "calm, proper" legal manner.

...?! (This means I do not know what else to do/offer/say. This could happen to Myself. But right back at them, I should try my best to become VERY English about it...)

• The later questions about mental problems which we filled out on the original form were ignored due to lack of time.

...Me again. NEW THREAD, though. As I say there, put this into an official complaint. Sometimes, but it is much dependent upon luck/to-whom-one-is-speaking... they may reschedule the appointment and re-do it. That this occurred is not fair upon Yourself, and not right, and so jolly well TELL THEM that. In a "calm, proper" legal manner.

...?! (This means I do not know what else to do/offer/say. This could happen to Myself. But right back at them, I should try my best to become VERY English about it...)

Children