PIP assessment at short notice.

I've just received a text message to ring and arrange a PIP assessment for myself, the message stated they have appointments available in the next 7 days.

The only available one I was given is 9am tomorrow morning.

I accepted it.

Have I made a fatal error.

I can't find anyone to go with me at such short notice.  And going alone terrifies me.

Is it normal to be given less than 24 hours notice of a PIP assessment.  Or are they playing games?

Parents
  • My experience is PIP is there incredibly fair and don't play games. A lot of the bad press around the system is unfounded. Have you been watching the homeless program on C4? Theres a guy on there who was vitriolic about the benefit system but refused to go to his PIP assessment as it wouldn't be a GP that assessed him - if you look on the adverts for these posts you have to be medically qualified, such as nurse, so it came across that he was just being awkward as he liked to have something to moan about.

The centre your going to have probably got some free slots and want to fill their assessors time.

I've only ever attended my appointments  alone(initial assessment and renewal). I've been awarded enhanced rate care at both times.

At the assessment they'll ask you some questions relating to what you've written. I'm great at getting starlight to the point so my assessment doesn't normally last longer than 15 mins.

• Some people don't have as much luck, I was denied the mobility element as I walk to my local shop so can obviously walk 200 meters (shop is 83 meters from my home) and because I take my kids to school (623 meters away have to stop about 6 times to let pain in my legs subside) I force myself to do this as there is no one else that can and I was penalised for it. I was also told they would not consider my anxiety as I was only on low level medication so it obviously is not that bad. 

• Some people don't have as much luck, I was denied the mobility element as I walk to my local shop so can obviously walk 200 meters (shop is 83 meters from my home) and because I take my kids to school (623 meters away have to stop about 6 times to let pain in my legs subside) I force myself to do this as there is no one else that can and I was penalised for it. I was also told they would not consider my anxiety as I was only on low level medication so it obviously is not that bad. 

Children
No Data