CEASE Therapy advertisers to have action taken against them.

You and yours (Radio 4) has had an article today (22 March) that says CEASE Therapy advertisers are to have action taken against them by ASA.

The article will be on the BBC Sounds/iPlayer radio later on.   At least someone is beginning to pay attention to problems with snake oil salesmen.

A link to another article about this:

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/national/17519165.advertising-watchdog-takes-action-against-150-autism-cure-therapists/

Advertisements are not legal anyway if they claim it will cure autism, but now the law will be brought against those who are making the claims.

Parents
  • Unfortunately alot of the homeopaths are going to change the name and continue the practice just without using the word "cure" it is definitely a start though 

• The Society of Homeopaths have openly said it! I can't believe how they just blatantly came out with it! 

• I know they just can't understand that their "treatment " is the problem not just the name! I found this written by a homeopath and the arrogant way he claimed the mother and doctors just don't understand, that speaks volumes to me.

• I know it is beyond belief, unfortunately it is on the rise. Parents are told there is no cure and don't get support so they are all to happy to believe this nonsense. When what they actually need to do is love and understand their child not try to fix something that doesn't need to be fixed. 

As terrible as cease therapy is there are worse treatments that parents are buying into other community members opened my eyes to these and I was appalled parents are giving their children bleach to drink and giving them bleach enemas as they believe parasites are responsible for autism this treatment is called mms or cd ( chlorine dioxide)  

• Greetings. Slightly in defence of "Homeopathy"... I read and note the text in the picture. This person is simply using the term "Autistic" to mean something negative or meaning something opposing what they are trying to achieve, that is all. Autism has nothing to do with diarrhoea or allergies.

But it seems that there is a whopping great legion of persons with More Money Than Sense, who take advantage of the Term "Autism" in order to capitalize upon it because it largely confuses 'The Common Man.'...

E.G. - "They are Autistic. We next administer a lot of Laxatives. This temporarily relieves Their Autism. But once the Laxative effect ran out, they became Autistic again."...This is basically what this article is saying, about Homeopathy (and indeed all so-called "cures") ...and it is succeeding, at those who do not really (care to) understand Autism.     

It is such a pity and a shame.

• Greetings. Slightly in defence of "Homeopathy"... I read and note the text in the picture. This person is simply using the term "Autistic" to mean something negative or meaning something opposing what they are trying to achieve, that is all. Autism has nothing to do with diarrhoea or allergies.

But it seems that there is a whopping great legion of persons with More Money Than Sense, who take advantage of the Term "Autism" in order to capitalize upon it because it largely confuses 'The Common Man.'...

E.G. - "They are Autistic. We next administer a lot of Laxatives. This temporarily relieves Their Autism. But once the Laxative effect ran out, they became Autistic again."...This is basically what this article is saying, about Homeopathy (and indeed all so-called "cures") ...and it is succeeding, at those who do not really (care to) understand Autism.     

It is such a pity and a shame.

Children
No Data