Dairy free alternatives for autistic adults

Does anyone here now any cheap, sensory friendly  dairy alternatives for anyone with autism. My friend just like me has autism and (unlike me) is lactose intolerant, she only has a small income. She's stuggling both mentally and physically from this lack of finances for dairy free products. She desperately needs more alternatives. Any know what she can do ?

Parents
  • (OooErr... It is Me! I just wanted to say to anyone that there is NO connection to 'Lactose-Intolerance' and 'Autism' --- Unless one also wants to count the entire indigenous populations of Africa and Asia (Chinese, Japanese, rather than East Indian) as "Autistic" (Lactose Intolerant)...? Plus plenty of NT persons are Lac-Intolerant, also.

...I say this too often... there should be a Thread or a NAS page saying "This has nothing to do with being Autistic!")

...On Topic... And not helpful, maybe...? I just say, "NUTS"/"Hard-Cheese" to everyone: If One is intolerant of something, then for goodness' sakes, just read the ingredients and buy something which lacks that. I am not entirely unsympathetic, mark my words, for I myself must also try in the main to avoid Dairy as well. And also Gluten. I just put up with everyone else enjoying it; yet whenever tempted, I simply remind myself of the PAIN it causes me if ingested too much, and that usually snaps me out of any cravings.

...As I said, this might not be helpful, sorry. It is cold, hard, reality which must be acknowledged and dealt with rather than disguised as something else. (I do rather enjoy Soya and Nuts, though.) (Try not to vote me down too much, anyone...)  ...Sorry again.

• (When the "Free From" business first began, there was a lot of good food and brands. But they are so inconsistent and many no longer exist. Else I would recommend something. It is a matter of buying and trying and hoping that it stays there.)

Reply Children
No Data