Prosopagnosia links to ASC and how to get diagnosed?

Does anyone know much about prosopagnosia? Is there any links with autism? If so how can you get it diagnosed?

I am an autistic adult and I have always struggled to recognise places and people including myself in photographs, photographs always look different compared with what/who I visualise in my mind. In fact because of this I don't really take photographs because I don't see the point as they look nothing like what I wanted to capture in the first place.

Would welcome any advice on this

Thank you 

Parents
  • I don't get it with faces too badly, but places are a nightmare. I've got off a bus before because it stopped near a coop on a corner, and I know I live in a village with a coop on the corner near the bus stop. Miles from home. 

I can also be taken by car through an industrial estate and think I am near home because there is an industrial estate a few miles from my village - and be completely in the wrong place!

I even put it in my PIP for travel - I often get lost thinking I know where I am, get the right bus in the wrong direction, etc. I didn't know it had a name though!

• I don't get it with faces too badly, but places are a nightmare. I've got off a bus before because it stopped near a coop on a corner, and I know I live in a village with a coop on the corner near the bus stop. Miles from home. 

I can also be taken by car through an industrial estate and think I am near home because there is an industrial estate a few miles from my village - and be completely in the wrong place!

I even put it in my PIP for travel - I often get lost thinking I know where I am, get the right bus in the wrong direction, etc. I didn't know it had a name though!

Children
No Data