Autism Problems

can problems such as skimming, flapping, poor social response, self talk etc be solved by using OT?

Parents
  • As another user has pointed out occupational therapy should have some Impact on the behaviours you mentioned however don't be surprised if it doesn't stop it. The sensory issues will still be there but the reaction is changed. Also don't be surprised if further stimming develops later on, as long as they are not dangerous or self harming to some degree allow them 

• Does ABA solve these issues better than OT?

• Lots of controversy over aba as it literally forces the child to behave normally

That said newer approaches to the therapy are not as forceful so do your research on who and how therapy is delivered I can't say which is better I am not qualified. It's entirely dependant on your child as to what works 

• Lots of controversy over aba as it literally forces the child to behave normally

That said newer approaches to the therapy are not as forceful so do your research on who and how therapy is delivered I can't say which is better I am not qualified. It's entirely dependant on your child as to what works 

Children
No Data