Worried about a curfew being created

Hello I am starting to become more extremely anxious about when someone did a petition on change.org calling for a curfew to be created for all young people in this country. I do not want this to happen at all or the young people would not want this either as the curfew will not really work or solve anything at all and it will just make things even more worse like it will just criminalise young people. Also I sometimes worry that the curfew might extend to people under the age of 25 or even up to the age of 30 in the future and I think if that was to ever happen it would be even more stupid and ridiculous. Please help me as 8,203 out of 10,000 people so far has signed it and I now worry that it might actually happen!

Parents
  • 10,000 just means that it has to be answered not that it will be considered or even discussed let alone happen.

I really believe that this will not happen, it is just not practical. Especially with the older groups you mentioned as alot of these people work at night so curfew is completely ridiculous. 

Please don't worry I know that's easier said than done but I genuinely feel that this is just one of those ideas that someone has put together and it won't happen.

• Thank you for being helpful there as other people have said the same thing as well like a curfew law for all young people will not really happen at all in the future as like I said it will just not really work or make any much difference to be honest and also it will just be so unfair, discriminatory and it will just criminalise young kids under the age of 18 if that was to happen. 

• considering that the police haven't got the manpower or interest to investigate crime i doubt very much that they would be able to police a curfew it would simply be logistically impossible not to mention a public revolt against the infringement of freedom that a curfew would impose so i wouldn't worry it's simply a pipe dream to ever expect a curfew to be imposed

• every human being should be equal regardless of age sex religion sexuality race etc doesn't always happen but with regards to a curfew unless there were riots or major conflict of some kind it won't happen here in UK

• every human being should be equal regardless of age sex religion sexuality race etc doesn't always happen but with regards to a curfew unless there were riots or major conflict of some kind it won't happen here in UK

Children
No Data