Online consultation on the prevention of suicide in autistic people

For those who may be interested in partaking in this consultation, more information and the link for the survey can be found here:

https://network.autism.org.uk/content/consultation-prevention-suicide-autistic-people 

I will be taking part as I have had many brushes with suicide myself and accessing appropriate mental health care has been astonishingly difficult and often harmful in and of itself...something more needs to be done to ensure equal mental healthcare for those with ASD, and ultimately prevention of suicide.

Parents
  • I received an email. I decided to fill in the questionnaire but very quickly started to realise I couldn’t grasp the wording, it wasn’t easy, how they expect ME to read the various questions and possible responses from a varied choice when I could grasp just what they were saying beats me. 

I will try again but it really isn’t easy to grasp quite what they are asking. I git very frustrated as I really wanted to have my say on why suicide is so high amongst autistic individuals like me. My thoughts, 

• I struggled with the first part - selecting and ranking the various topics listed - but later in the survey they do just give you boxes to write whatever you think is relevant in, so that part might be easier for you .

I do agree that the format and wording could have been made clearer and more concise, but I suppose if we all just try our best with it then some useful points might get through anyway!

• I struggled with the first part - selecting and ranking the various topics listed - but later in the survey they do just give you boxes to write whatever you think is relevant in, so that part might be easier for you .

I do agree that the format and wording could have been made clearer and more concise, but I suppose if we all just try our best with it then some useful points might get through anyway!

Children
No Data