Daughter has anxiety with irrational thoughts

She hasn't been diagnosed with Autism/ ASD but has been referred to neuro developmental for this. She see's all the negative in the world i.e. discrimination, poverty, abuse, stereotyping ........ and has completely internalised this. She cannot see how the world allows it to happen and is convinced she doesn't want to live in a world that operates like this. I have tried to advise that she can't change the whole world and irradiate things herself but she cannot see it. I have tried to encourage her to maybe do some fund raising or similar so she feels like she is doing her bit but she feels this is not enough. Her views are affecting her attendance at school as she feels that children discriminate and teachers talk about negative subjects (such as war) which is obviously part of life for those of us who are able to rationalise this but she isn't and it is really affecting her well being. She has CAMHS workers but she finds that they just listen to her talking and this isn't changing how she is feeling. Just wondered whether anyone else has experienced similar things and if so how did you manage this?

Parents
  • Hi NAS49875,

You may like to contact our Autism Helpline team who can provide you with information and advice? 

You can contact the team via telephone on 0808 800 4104 (Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm, Friday 9am to 3pm). Please note that the Helpline is experiencing a high volume of calls and it may take a couple of attempts before you get through to speak to an advisor. Alternatively, should you prefer to send a message, you can do so via their webform:

https://www.autism.org.uk/services/helplines/main/questions.aspx

Hope this helps,

Nicky-Mod

• Hi NAS49875,

You may like to contact our Autism Helpline team who can provide you with information and advice? 

You can contact the team via telephone on 0808 800 4104 (Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm, Friday 9am to 3pm). Please note that the Helpline is experiencing a high volume of calls and it may take a couple of attempts before you get through to speak to an advisor. Alternatively, should you prefer to send a message, you can do so via their webform:

https://www.autism.org.uk/services/helplines/main/questions.aspx

Hope this helps,

Nicky-Mod

Children
No Data