Injections

I am after some advice and wondered if any of you had been through a similar situation. My 12 year old son has an ingrowing toe nail which has got really bad and needs operating on. The NHS appointment was going to be at least 4 months away so we tried the Foot Clinic. He, understandably, had a complete melt down and it was impossible to give him the local anaesthetic injection and had to give up. He is not reassured by getting some ointment to numb the area. He HAS to have the operation. Any advice?

Parents
  • Hi NAS35270,

I'm sorry to hear about your son's toenail and operation, hopefully someone in the community will be able to share a relevant experience of theirs, if they see your post over the next few days, but you may also like to contact our Autism Helpline team who can provide you with information and advice . You can contact the team via telephone on 0808 800 4104 (Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm, Friday 9am to 3pm). Please note that the Helpline is experiencing a high volume of calls and it may take a couple of attempts before you get through to speak to an advisor. Alternatively, should you prefer to send a message, you can do so via their webform:

https://www.autism.org.uk/services/helplines/main/questions.aspx

I hope you find something that helps.

Heather - Mod

• Hi NAS35270,

I'm sorry to hear about your son's toenail and operation, hopefully someone in the community will be able to share a relevant experience of theirs, if they see your post over the next few days, but you may also like to contact our Autism Helpline team who can provide you with information and advice . You can contact the team via telephone on 0808 800 4104 (Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm, Friday 9am to 3pm). Please note that the Helpline is experiencing a high volume of calls and it may take a couple of attempts before you get through to speak to an advisor. Alternatively, should you prefer to send a message, you can do so via their webform:

https://www.autism.org.uk/services/helplines/main/questions.aspx

I hope you find something that helps.

Heather - Mod

Children
No Data