Younger brother

Hello everyone,

I've got a 13-year-old brother who currently weighs nearly 23 stone! His current daily diet is made up of (approximately):

4 packets of Walkers plain crips

4 small packets of white chocolate buttons

2 small strawberry yoghurts

bagels

4 bowls of vanilla ice cream

Galaxy chocolate

Sometimes he will have an apple, if I encourage him, and if they're cooked, a couple of pigs in blankets. But that is it.

I don't live at home with him, he lives alone with my mum who has to try and work full-time. Recently my aunt and uncle decided to weigh him while looking after him and that was what it came to.

Does anyone have any advice about how we can get him on new foods, because he simply refuses and runs a mile whenever we suggest trying something? It is hard on my mum also, trying to balance a full-time job with looking after him. Any help for is much appreciated, as I'm worried he could become diabetic or suffer from heart problems, along with other health issues no doubt!

Thanks for any help.

Dave 

Parents
  • Whether he's on the spectrum or not, and assuming he is overweight for his height, rather than trying to change what he eats, you could try to encourage him to do more exercise.

Is there something he enjoys or has an interest in, that you could incorporate into going out, for a walk?

• Whether he's on the spectrum or not, and assuming he is overweight for his height, rather than trying to change what he eats, you could try to encourage him to do more exercise.

Is there something he enjoys or has an interest in, that you could incorporate into going out, for a walk?

Children
No Data