Feeling like a burden

Without getting too personal I am having a few health issues that are under investigation, and have involved multiple trips to the hospital and GP. The results are dragging on somewhat though and my health has been uo and down a lot. Today was a bad day where I ended up in hospital, but I always feel like I am wasting everyone's time.

Because I am waiting for results and follow up appointments, no one can help or treat me. I am fed up with being asked so what do you want us to do for you or why have you come in an ambulance when I never called an ambulance or I visit a medical professional on instructions from other medical professionals.

I feel like crap and on top if it I am starting to feel like a hypochondriac. When the NHS become so cold?

At the end of the day I want to be well and get on with my life as I hate hospitals and medical facilities.

Parents
  • Hi Starbuck sorry to hear your going through so much at the moment.

Please try not to feel a burden, it really isn’t your fault the system is working,

I too hate visiting doctors or hospitals.

I have a chronic bad back which initially I was told take these pills, about five years in now, they are only supposed to be used for weeks not years, 

Eventually after so long when it got that I was losing feeling below the waist I went to the gp who listened and sent me for a scan, prior to that I had two X-rays which were obviously a waste of time as the bones weren’t wrong, it turned out to be three discs that leak under load, which in turn press against the spinal cord,

the gp thought I would possibly be paralysed for life any time soon as the symptoms I had were bad, they said I must go to A and E immediately but not to drive, get a lift or they would call an ambulance.

So scan done but no follow up, I booked an appointment but still no feedback or way forward, take the pills.

I also have near constant gut ache, apparently common amongst Autistic individuals!

All my life I have stomach pains, I have tried leaving out various food groups,

As I am typing my stomach is in pain, yesterday it was bad enough to take my breath away.

I have had tests in the past including many blood tests and I am the fittest fifty plus year old they know? Perfect weight and apart from smoking all my life fit as a fiddle.

I end up researching my issues as nothing gets done other wise.

even had to research the pills for long term side effects, turns out one was causing my magnesium levels to drop giving me joint pain and cramp. I now take a supplement,,,the gp had no idea the pills could do that! It was a research paper I found after many hours looking for an answer.

So to sum up,,,,the system is bad for everyone, for us it is worse as the issues we have are indeed different and medication doesn’t always work for us.

please take care and if the system are trying then let them, it isn’t our fault they haven’t the resources or knowledge, that’s society and governments as a whole.

• Hi Starbuck sorry to hear your going through so much at the moment.

Please try not to feel a burden, it really isn’t your fault the system is working,

I too hate visiting doctors or hospitals.

I have a chronic bad back which initially I was told take these pills, about five years in now, they are only supposed to be used for weeks not years, 

Eventually after so long when it got that I was losing feeling below the waist I went to the gp who listened and sent me for a scan, prior to that I had two X-rays which were obviously a waste of time as the bones weren’t wrong, it turned out to be three discs that leak under load, which in turn press against the spinal cord,

the gp thought I would possibly be paralysed for life any time soon as the symptoms I had were bad, they said I must go to A and E immediately but not to drive, get a lift or they would call an ambulance.

So scan done but no follow up, I booked an appointment but still no feedback or way forward, take the pills.

I also have near constant gut ache, apparently common amongst Autistic individuals!

All my life I have stomach pains, I have tried leaving out various food groups,

As I am typing my stomach is in pain, yesterday it was bad enough to take my breath away.

I have had tests in the past including many blood tests and I am the fittest fifty plus year old they know? Perfect weight and apart from smoking all my life fit as a fiddle.

I end up researching my issues as nothing gets done other wise.

even had to research the pills for long term side effects, turns out one was causing my magnesium levels to drop giving me joint pain and cramp. I now take a supplement,,,the gp had no idea the pills could do that! It was a research paper I found after many hours looking for an answer.

So to sum up,,,,the system is bad for everyone, for us it is worse as the issues we have are indeed different and medication doesn’t always work for us.

please take care and if the system are trying then let them, it isn’t our fault they haven’t the resources or knowledge, that’s society and governments as a whole.

Children
No Data