Flu jab

I've been offered a free flu jab by my GPs practice.  I'm considering getting it.

Has anyone else being offered free jabs?

Parents
  • I get a free flu jab because of my asthma. I make sure I get it every year (not had flu yet so...tbh I just don't fancy risking it given that having a cold hits my asthma quite hard). I tend to get it done at a pharmacy rather than my GP (if you're in England or Wales you can do either) because it's often more convenient. It always makes my arm ache/feel really weird for a day, I always make sure to get it when I've nothing too important on so I can take the rest of the day off, and I feel under the weather for a couple of days, but that's it (and that's good, because it means you're having an immune response like you should).

If you've been offered it, there's obviously a good reason you should have it.

• It always makes my arm ache/feel really weird for a day, I always make sure to get it when I've nothing too important on so I can take the rest of the day off, and I feel under the weather for a couple of days, but that's it (and that's good, because it means you're having an immune response like you should).

...Especially this part:

nd I feel under the weather for a couple of days, but that's it

...I would like to Thank Mr Robert for starting this Thread if only just so that "Boating_Taxonomist" could Post such an answer - !!!!!!!!!! (& I voted both of you up.)

...I am Asthmatic as well, but do not want the "Jab". Some members of my family have it, and more often than not, they get "Flu like symptoms" after a day or so. The Media and officials vehemently maintain that the Flu Jab "does not cause Flu" - but Mr.BoatTax - you in my opinion have said it all, there.

I sincerely hope that "officials" are reading that. And now I know better why I have always avoided this Jab. If one's immune system is sort of weak anyway, then while it is engaged with that particular Strain of Flu-Jab, then other illnesses can attack with greater effect... perhaps...

(To Mr.BT, I apologise if you disagree or did not mean that at all. And Mr.Robert... I say, that if one is pretty healthy / has allowance anyway, as is suggested, then yes, do go and have the "Jab".)

• I have the flu jab as does my mother due to copd both of us get the flu like symptoms which are not contagious but unlike flu which can be fatal to someone with copd or to young babies as well as immune suppressed people it is not just to protect you but those around us who can't have the vaccine 

• I have the flu jab as does my mother due to copd both of us get the flu like symptoms which are not contagious but unlike flu which can be fatal to someone with copd or to young babies as well as immune suppressed people it is not just to protect you but those around us who can't have the vaccine 

Children