Do non Autistics intuitively "know" how to act and communicate?

I read on this website that "Other people appear to know, intuitively, how to communicate and interact with each other, but Autistics do not", but believe this statement to be completely untrue in so many ways.

I do not believe that there is any one way to interact and communicate and nor do i believe anyone, even non autistic could possibly be thought of as someone that "knows" how to act and communicate in every given situation.

I believe making wrong statements like this just causes confusion.

Would do you think?

Do you think there are people out there that just intuitively "know" how to act and communicate? In that case, what happens when they come across someone that has more experience and is more intelligent than them?

• NAS39246 said. “You are so wrong.

It was not me that said "Normal people appear to know intuitively how to communicate and Autistic people do not". It is the editor of this website that say's this on the home page.

I was arguing against it.”.

Go argue with him then. We are not responsible for his or her words, Hell they don’t even bother to come here anyway, 

• GO away,,,you did promise. But you won’t. You are on a roll now, 

go forth and multiply. Politely of coarse. 

• you are a wind up merchant, nothing you have said has been kind or if any real value, now please do as you said. LEAVE, of coarse you now have a response you can have a little fight with so you won’t,,,will you? NO, 

• Sorry i do not understand your outburst nor what my Mother has to do with this.

You don't understand much. Ask your mother, I've heard she's quite experienced.

Now i apologise for upsetting you.

You didn't upset me. Lol, I had fun.

I am going to leave now, but please understand if i, as a neurotypical, was to speak to anyone the way you spoke to me i would be taken away with handcuffs on.

Hahaha, OK don't let the door hit you on the way out. Lol, you wouldn't be led away in handcuffs, stop being so silly. Is taking the piss out of an idiot a crime? Bye.

• “It seems I have upset people on this forum.

I apologise for this and it was not my intention.”

So telling someone they are wrong despite them trying to help by giving advice that’s ok?

By disagreeing with anyone who at least tried to explain who we are and why we struggle, you just disregarded every word any attempt st giving you an insight to how we struggle in our daily routines. 

You are a being, your just not a very nice one, you still have not said why you need answers, are you just bored?

If you really want to understand about autism then please open your mind not your mouth.

Listen and hear our words before judging us, you have said you have difficulty in accepting us, you state psychiatric experts are wrong, what gives you the right to discount them?

Your a taxi driver, I am a ground worker, I can only tell you what I think, I do not take kindly to anyone telling me I have no right to exist, go pick up a fair and tell them you are now an expert on autism, and that they aren’t all non verbal hand flapping individuals, they can also out talk you, correct your spelling and grammar. Tell you to take a hike and basically look after our own. 

We are no better than everyone else maybe?

Oh to think how lucky we would be to be considered as vitriolic as the majority. Can I have a NT achievement badge?

I can adopt pretty much any type of character when I need to, right now I am being a defensive mean nasty neurotypical type, I work with many so have got it down to a fine art. Lol.

• You are so wrong.

It was not me that said "Normal people appear to know intuitively how to communicate and Autistic people do not". It is the editor of this website that say's this on the home page.

I was arguing against it.

• Ah, here comes the humble apology.  Sorry I wound you all up.  I didn't mean it.

Yeah yeah yeah... heard it all before...

• Sorry i do not understand your outburst nor what my Mother has to do with this.

If you re-read what i said in my OP, i was actually not saying the things you attribute to me.

Therefore everything else you said after that was completely wrong.

However you have gave me a very good insight in to something i did not expect to find, and unfortunately i was completely wrong earlier.

Now i apologise for upsetting you.

I am going to leave now, but please understand if i, as a neurotypical, was to speak to anyone the way you spoke to me i would be taken away with handcuffs on.

• "maybe what is what is trying to be conveyed by NAS39246, is either: 1 - That not everyone who is NT is automatically good and well with Social Interaction...? Or - 2 - There are other diagnosis which apply to "Social Communication Difficulties" other than "Autism"... Or -3- The fact that, under certain circumstances, a person will not be physically able to speak up at all, and this is what "Social Communication Difficulty" (including Autism) sort of means...?"

...I wrote this before. Before you leave, please tell me if I was correct or not, Thanks, if that is okay...?

• Could a moderator please just remove this thread.

It was not my intentions to upset anyone, nor become upset.

Perhaps it would be best if the thread just got removed and i will leave everyone in peace.

Many thanks

• It seems i have upset people on this forum.

I apologise for this and it was not my intention.

I will not bother anyone here again.

Sorry

• No problem LW! It was blatantly obvious he was here for a rise. There was no reasonable discussion there. Sometimes we have to let these things become irrelevant or we'd take them seriously!

• Let him stay under the bridge. Good that you aren't taking it seriously. He hasn't been taking anyone here seriously. Laugh at him, laugh hard. That's the upside of these types of visitors, we don't have to take them seriously!

• hi cloudy,,thanks for that, made me chuckle a lot. Yes the OP was just winding us up. I for one needed to vent and really was hoping for a heated debate Lol. 

If anything can be rescued from all this then it helps to show how some react dismissively towards us, be warned friends there are beings out there that enjoy being rude and dismissive as a means of achieving enjoyment.

I like the fact as it went on everyone was polite, even though they were being denied an exhistance.

much respect () () ()

• Um... to anyone reading... I usually do not post into "heated" Threads, but maybe what is what is trying to be conveyed by NAS39246, is either: 1 - That not everyone who is NT is automatically good and well with Social Interaction...? Or - 2 - There are other diagnosis which apply to "Social Communication Difficulties" other than "Autism"... Or -3- The fact that, under certain circumstances, a person will not be physically able to speak up at all, and this is what "Social Communication Difficulty" (including Autism) sort of means...?

• No.  But I've had a couple of beers, so I'm getting in the ring.  I realise he's someone who lives under a bridge.  Don't worry.  I'm not taking it seriously.  I quite enjoy f***ing with these people.

• Tom, really, *** this guy. You are taking the bait. Do you really care about his opinion so much.