Itching

I read somewhere on here just a minute ago about itching but can't find the comment now that I'm logged in. I know Dr Temple Grandin has said that it's a problem for her. Is that an autistic thing? Is it my brain overreacting? It's been a problem for me since I was in my 30s. I've complained to landlords and moved out of rented flats numerous times because of the itching. Is there an official respect-inducing name for this problem which I can tell my doctor and be taken seriously?

Parents
  • I am hyper sensitive, worst for me are hearing and itching. I have always had dislike/intolerance of smells, perfumes, flowers etc, but about 10 years ago I developed what the doctors first thought was a strange variation on hay fever. I would sneeze violently, and itch so much I was like a zombie clawing at my flesh until I bled. They then realised it wasn't hay fever when it started happening all year around. It's possibly some kind of mould or dust allergy. I take a low dose over the counter daily antihistamine (ceterizine hyderchloride) which largely keeps it at bay. Some things still set it off badly - if I am exposed to lilies I start sneezing, itching, twitching, yelping and generally acting like the most ADHD kid you have ever seen off their meds!

My hearing sensitivities led me to being diagnosed with hyperacusis. Undergoing treatment for that which isn't yet working. Worst noise for me at the moment is cutlery/plates.

• and itch so much I was like a zombie clawing at my flesh until I bled.

I'm the same! I will tear my feet to shreds.

Nettles. If you know where to get nettles, try them for an anti-histamine. It works well. You can use the roots or the leaves. I make a smoothie type thing. It works for joint swelling too. You can buy the extracts in pills, but the beauty of nettles is that you can take them for prolonged periods. They are free too, if you dig them up!

• and itch so much I was like a zombie clawing at my flesh until I bled.

I'm the same! I will tear my feet to shreds.

Nettles. If you know where to get nettles, try them for an anti-histamine. It works well. You can use the roots or the leaves. I make a smoothie type thing. It works for joint swelling too. You can buy the extracts in pills, but the beauty of nettles is that you can take them for prolonged periods. They are free too, if you dig them up!

Children
No Data