Diabetes type 1

Hello

Just joined here. i was just wondering wether there is any parent out there with an autistic child that also has type 1 diabetes like my daughter. She was diagnosed last may and totally out of the blue. would be nice to share ideas or just to know there is some else who understands

Thank you

Parents
  • my daughter aged 20 died this year.  She had t1 diabetes diagnosed in 2011 and A1ATD diagnosed in 2013.  She was obsessive about her  illnesses. Her father is an undiagnosed Aspergic.  I am absolutely convinced about the link between A1ATD, autoimmune disease and autism.  There is a genetic deficiency which causes autoimmune disease, of which aspergers and autism is part.  When will the government wake upto this.  The NHS treats everything as a separate issue rather than deals with the whole picture.  What a **** up it all is

• my daughter aged 20 died this year.  She had t1 diabetes diagnosed in 2011 and A1ATD diagnosed in 2013.  She was obsessive about her  illnesses. Her father is an undiagnosed Aspergic.  I am absolutely convinced about the link between A1ATD, autoimmune disease and autism.  There is a genetic deficiency which causes autoimmune disease, of which aspergers and autism is part.  When will the government wake upto this.  The NHS treats everything as a separate issue rather than deals with the whole picture.  What a **** up it all is

Children
No Data