Diabetes type 1

Hello

Just joined here. i was just wondering wether there is any parent out there with an autistic child that also has type 1 diabetes like my daughter. She was diagnosed last may and totally out of the blue. would be nice to share ideas or just to know there is some else who understands

Thank you

Parents
  • Hi there,

I have  a 10yr old daughter with type 1 diabetes and she is on the spectrum.....we are awaiting an official diagnosis, which we are to get in August. My daughter is extremely challenging....but she is a real Jekyll and Hyde character.....quiet at school....but soooo angry at home with constant meltdowns. I think she is going through the start of puberty and this is making everything worse. Academically she is bright, but every day is a struggle.......most days we have to hold her down to dress her for school....which is not good, but once at school nooo meltdowns. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

• Hi there,

I have  a 10yr old daughter with type 1 diabetes and she is on the spectrum.....we are awaiting an official diagnosis, which we are to get in August. My daughter is extremely challenging....but she is a real Jekyll and Hyde character.....quiet at school....but soooo angry at home with constant meltdowns. I think she is going through the start of puberty and this is making everything worse. Academically she is bright, but every day is a struggle.......most days we have to hold her down to dress her for school....which is not good, but once at school nooo meltdowns. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Children
No Data