Spectacles question

I am on the autistic spectrum and wear spectacles.  If anything gets on the lenses (for example small ammount of dust, a bit of sea spray, small bit of oil, a partial fingerprint) it gets to me, more than I would expect it should, I often see people with dirty or even cracked glasses who appear to be unconcerned.  Could this be a symptom of my autism, please?

Parents
  • I was like this when I first started wearing them, but I later got more used to wearing them so that it now rarely bothers me. At first when I started wearing them, it was quite distracting as I kept looking AT the lenses. I think the trick is to look further, i.e., PASS the lenses. Try looking at a tree 20 meters away as if you would do if you were not wearing spectacles. Your ciliary muscle around the lens should be relaxing (to allows the zonular fibers to become taut, flattening the lens, increasing the focal distance). 

• I was like this when I first started wearing them, but I later got more used to wearing them so that it now rarely bothers me. At first when I started wearing them, it was quite distracting as I kept looking AT the lenses. I think the trick is to look further, i.e., PASS the lenses. Try looking at a tree 20 meters away as if you would do if you were not wearing spectacles. Your ciliary muscle around the lens should be relaxing (to allows the zonular fibers to become taut, flattening the lens, increasing the focal distance). 

Children
No Data