Spectacles question

I am on the autistic spectrum and wear spectacles.  If anything gets on the lenses (for example small ammount of dust, a bit of sea spray, small bit of oil, a partial fingerprint) it gets to me, more than I would expect it should, I often see people with dirty or even cracked glasses who appear to be unconcerned.  Could this be a symptom of my autism, please?

Parents Reply Children
  • To Mr Cassio... this last sounds a lot like something I myself would write (!).

To All Else who may read... This Thread is interestingly varied so far. Here, I post another thing, but I think that it is part of "Autism" but anyone given glasses/spectacles can be sensitive and indifferent equally regardless of being NT and ND...

About a year ago, I had my first experience of wearing "Varifocals" (!!). They have little numbers scratched into them, and I am able to see these numbers yet was told that they are usually not seen when wearing them! 

Also, I smudge my Spex everytime my eyebrows drop enough to touch the tops of them, and I have to clean the tops almost every couple of hours.

...Wearing spectacles is an adventure, and a pain, and fun. Live for the adventure! (And Always carry a spare pair.)

I often see people with dirty or even cracked glasses who appear to be unconcerned. 

...I think that cracked spex are just upon those who have as yet to be able to gain/afford repairing them. But it IS possible to see through them, though. It is annoying, but a sort of "have to live with it for now" thing...