hearing implant

I am autism person with profound deaf and usher syndrome . I am 23 years old . I am use British Sign Language and write English . I was born totally deaf , cannot speak and speech . I was diagnosed profound deaf I was age 3 or 4 . I was wear hearing aid since I was age 3 or 4 and I do not like hearing aid because not better and not help . better only hearing implant now for myself . I plan about Cochlear Implant . I will be fear and anxious surgery and anaesthesia but helping ? . I will be hearing and speaking with cochlear implant first time this year or next year . 

Parents
  • Bumped to the top.

Hi everyone, just thought as Rachael had been asking questions lately you might all want to meet her by way of her words above, a big thank you also to Cassandro for linking to this post as I had not seen it.

Hello Rachael I hope you get an implant and it opens up a new world for you.

• Bumped to the top.

Hi everyone, just thought as Rachael had been asking questions lately you might all want to meet her by way of her words above, a big thank you also to Cassandro for linking to this post as I had not seen it.

Hello Rachael I hope you get an implant and it opens up a new world for you.

Children
  • Glad Tidings, of course, to Mr. LoneWarrior. Sometimes I am a little early... and it seems I see things like this... This OP is and some of the Threads are currently quite BUSY...! 

The current Poster is very very different to the person who originally started under the same name. Originally very stilted, restricted, and posting very swiftly without recollection of a Post written not five minutes before...?

...New confidence, maybe? But this is all a LOT more interesting NOW...