Amitriptyline

To cut a long story short, I have had a lot of changes occur in my life lately that has resulted in my anxiety levels soaring to the point day-to-day life is becoming very difficult for me and I have realised I need to do something about it.

Past experience of taking anti-depressants has been very bad for me and I am also very hypersensitive to medication.  A visit to the GP today basically narrowed my options down to very little where the only real thing left is to try some medication to calm the anxiety.  Understandably I am reluctant, but there is no plan B, so I was wondering if anyone has any experience of taking Amitriptyline - interested to hear good and bad so I can weigh up whether I should take it or not.

Parents
  • Hmm doesn't sound too great if I am honest.  I am really torn what to do and I am wondering if to start taking them Friday evening to see how I cope with them over the weekend before starting work the following week.  Going to work like a zombie is not an option.

• Hmm doesn't sound too great if I am honest.  I am really torn what to do and I am wondering if to start taking them Friday evening to see how I cope with them over the weekend before starting work the following week.  Going to work like a zombie is not an option.

Children
No Data