Autistic Burnout

I have read autistic burnout is a real thing and I am starting to think that I am suffering from it.

I have become very sensitive to noise, light, smells etc. to the point I am having regular shutdowns and the occasional mild meltdown.  In addition, my speech has been slow/slurred and thought processes have been frustratingly fragmented and delayed/non-existent at times.  Fatigue is a big problem where I am incredibly exhausted all of the time and spend more and more of my spare time in bed.

I have sought help on multiple occasions from my GP and hospital, but I have been told there is nothing they can do.

The only time I have experienced this in the past has been when I have had a breakdown or I am going through a very stressful time, but this was before my diagnosis.

Can anyone relate to this and if so how have to managed to recover?  This particular time seems very hard to shift and managed that previous.

I am relying on sunglasses, ear plugs etc. more and more.  I am resting when possible.

Sorry if my post is fragmented - struggling to get things out today.

Parents
  • I had this few days ago. It was very bad one. Every trick I know to try control it would not work. I went to the GP just because it was so intensive.

It nothing like an headache it more like you brain normaly is runing at 50MPH and then for no reasion it gone to run at 16000MPH.  Sometimes during or after I lose the abilty to speak but I am able to do simple hand signs thumbs up or down and point to things.

I would use verious stims to try and regain control like pinching my fingers and thumbs. Lift my hand up above my head (like wanted to say something school). Rub my hands around my face. Play with keys throw my finges. Click pens. The list goes on and on.

There can be other issues going on that isn't Autism, talk to GP about idea possibility of send you to a sleep clinic.

• I had this few days ago. It was very bad one. Every trick I know to try control it would not work. I went to the GP just because it was so intensive.

It nothing like an headache it more like you brain normaly is runing at 50MPH and then for no reasion it gone to run at 16000MPH.  Sometimes during or after I lose the abilty to speak but I am able to do simple hand signs thumbs up or down and point to things.

I would use verious stims to try and regain control like pinching my fingers and thumbs. Lift my hand up above my head (like wanted to say something school). Rub my hands around my face. Play with keys throw my finges. Click pens. The list goes on and on.

There can be other issues going on that isn't Autism, talk to GP about idea possibility of send you to a sleep clinic.

Children
No Data