Feeling suicidal

Hello I am starting to have thoughts of suicide as unfortunately I feel that I cannot cope with life any longer as nobody seems to listen or understand when I do not like change as I always like everything to be the same, who I am and what I am like as a person and also when I still need a lot of help as an adult as I suffer from severe anxiety and mental health issues too as well as autism. I just do not know what to do anymore!!!!

• Understand how you feel.

7:30am and I still cannot fall asleep.

My informal advice.  It's what I try.

Take a bath, you may feel better after a good soak.

Vacuum your carpets and do the washing up. might keep you busy and take your mind of things.

• Understand how you feel.

7:30am and I still cannot fall asleep.

My informal advice.  It's what I try.

Take a bath, you may feel better after a good soak.

Vacuum your carpets and do the washing up. might keep you busy and take your mind of things.

• I recommend you seek professional help for your anxiety and mental health.

Mental Health Matters' web chat is available in Kent and Medway, Coventry and Warwickshire, and Plymouth (http://www.mentalhealthmatters.com/our-services/helpline-services/time-online/).

Please consider contacting the Samaritans (https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you/contact-us).

• Hi Sholay,

You've done the right thing.  You've come here and told us.  We listen.  We understand.  There's nothing wrong with you.  You're just different.  Some people are suspicious (at best) and fearful (at worst) of difference.  But that's their problem.  You won't change them.  Not in the short term, anyway.  But society is learning, and we have many positive role models (Chris Packham, etc) who can assist in that education.

I've been suicidal many times in my life.  A few of those times I was lucky to survive.  I'm glad now, though, that I did survive.  I no longer want to give up on life.  I want to see what it can bring me.  Even if it's more bad times, I can't ever know that unless I give life the chance.  Who knows?  It could be the good times I've been looking for.  And maybe I'm even living them right now, and am not aware of it.

Get help, sure.  But don't let those outside put you down and keep you down.  You're better than they are.  If you're not yet convinced of that, then at least stay here with us.  We'll convince you!

Take good care,

Tom

• Hi Sholay99,

I was in a similar position to this just last week and it is very frightening.  Life is hard and confusing at the best of times and I know what it is like to feel you can't keep battling on with it all.

As overwhelming as it may feel, it will pass with time.  A week on, I am still feeling very down, but not suicidal.  I have gained some perspective and realised I am completely burnt out and asking too much of myself.  The people on these forums are very helpful, supportive and understanding, so don't feel like you are alone.

Do you have anyone you can turn to for support or any professional support that may be able to make things easier for you?

Stay strong and focus on you and staying well.

• It’s ok to still need help Sholay, even as an adult. I do and I’m 50 years old (apparently) and once I accepted that, which was only very recently, I started to once again, albeit very slowly, start to move forwards in my life. I’m not saying I don’t have suicidal thoughts any more, but I’m glad they didn’t move beyond thoughts. And the way I’m moving forward this time, is by accepting all the help I can get. As others have said, you’re not alone and we understand and listen to you here. Keep talking to us, Talking can help and together we might be able to come up with solutions for you or at least help to make you feel better. We can always see things clearer when we feel better. 

• Thank you for the link to mental health matters webchat but it is a shame they do not do my area which is Birmingham because otherwise it would have been perfect for me.

• Hi Sholay09,

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling so much. You mentioned being in Birmingham, there is a Birmingham-based group you can talk to 24/7 who will try to help and send someone out to visit with you if necessary. You can find out more here - https://www.forwardthinkingbirmingham.org.uk/get-help-urgently

If you'd rather talk to someone online rather than on the phone, Samaritans offers help in person, on the phone, and via email. You can see the contact information here - https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you/contact-us

There are several other charities and organisations recommended by the NHS and the NAS, like Calm and SANE, that you can find information about here - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/suicide/getting-help/ - along with advice and information from the NHS about how to get through a period of feeling suicidal.

I hope some of these resources can provide some help to you,

Best wishes,

Ross - mod