Glitter Jars

These have been a good source of calm for me over the holidays. I spent a lot of today making them and it really broke up the social time which was helpful. If anybody wants to have a go they are a mixture of hot water and liquid hand soap with glitter stirred in. Have fun :)

Parents
  • Hello Patch they look very colourful,I imagine they are a bit like snow globes? If you shake them the glitter sparkles as it floats around inside. Must be nice to see when all six are shaken,Did you use paint or food dye to create the different colours?

well done, and thank you.

• Thanks :). I didnt use anything to dye the water, I got the glitter from hobbycraft and that changed the colour all on its own. I’ll see if I can post a video of the ones I did last week.

• Hello again, I think then that the liquid hand soap may be what helps the colour come out of the glitter?

I think a light behind them would be very good too.

My eldest daughter is always finding new ways of making things, she helps at a pre school,she and my wife make very good play dough, I could ask them how they do it?

I do know flour is used but that’s all I know.

keep creating things it is very rewarding.

• Thank you! Just flour and food dye and soap? I may have all of those in the kitchen already so this could become a today activity instead of a weekend one.

Reply Children
No Data