Keeping fit

I am curious as to how other people stay fit and healthy on the forums.

My fitness levels are not great at the moment so I am thinking about what I can do to get back into a routine.  My energy levels are very low so need to build something up gradually, but would like to get back into cycling again as I do miss it.

What about you?  What is your approach to health and fitness? 

Parents
  • I was placed on a proper  12  week. Health fitness and diet course by one of my work advisors.  These courses are NHS sponsored and free to the user and give much useful information.  

Again, it depends one what you want to get out of it.  Do you want to lose weight, get more stamina, more physical strength or what ?

Interesting aside, I missed one session because I had a psychiatrist appointment at a mental health unit. He suggested the identical course I was already on. Saying that physical health can help improve mental health.

• I was placed on a proper  12  week. Health fitness and diet course by one of my work advisors.  These courses are NHS sponsored and free to the user and give much useful information.  

Again, it depends one what you want to get out of it.  Do you want to lose weight, get more stamina, more physical strength or what ?

Interesting aside, I missed one session because I had a psychiatrist appointment at a mental health unit. He suggested the identical course I was already on. Saying that physical health can help improve mental health.

Children
  • Exercise does definitely help your mental health so long as you are not over training, which is hard to do unless you are training for events etc.

My main goal for exercise is to increase my energy levels (currently very low and long walks take their toll on me) and to build my muscle mass and tone as I have lost all my muscle due to not exercising.  Weight has never been an issue for me, but despite this I appreciate I am probably at my most unhealthy at present and need to do something about it.