Techniques for sleeping well

Parents
  • Hi Alopochen,

I started to use the Calm app a while back (the free version) to help calm my mind and relax my body.  It was only when I started doing it regularly I noticed how much tension I hold in my body.

Other than that I have taken Passion flower extract and Valerian root about an hour before bedtime.  Routine also helps as you mention already, but sometimes I slip back into my poor nighttime routine, which means I end up going to bed too late.

I also don't use phones or computers and hour before bed as that tends to overstimulate me, but I have broken this rule if I an struggling to sleep as a result of thoughts whizzing round my mind.  Reading is also another option, but again I have to be careful it doesn't overstimulate my mind or else I am up for hours reading or thinking about what I have read.

I am always open to hearing more techniques on helping sleep though as I am struggling a bit at present.

• You said " ... I started to use the Calm app a while back (the free version) to help calm my mind and relax my body. ... ".  Do you have a link to this, please? 

Reply Children
No Data