AUTISTIC PEOPLE ON THE (N.A.S.) INTERNET, AND "HOW-TO" USE IT.

I am new to this WHOLE "Internet/post/thread/blog" business... but I am NOT new to being able to write lucidly or how to use computers at all. NAS gives some "rules" but they are not all that clear. Mostly they say that you should do things which 'are okay as if the entire affair were RATED UNDER 15 if it were a classified as a movie'. But AUTISTIC persons like me make mistakes in "INTERNET-MANNER" without realising it... and so this "thread" or whatever invites rules CLARIFYING anything. I hope anyone understands, and "posts" something helpful.
For examples: One *not* stated rule seems to be: DO NOT WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS! But there seems to be no other way to emphasise certain words, e.g. no ITALLICS are available.
Another thing I have noticed is that people are very quick to tap the "unlike" button, but are much less likely to tap the "like" button, even in giving a genuine "Thank You", and yet all "views" are counted anyway.
Lastly, on some devices, "hints and tips" flashes up and then disappears so fast, that it is as if it is only there to satisfy "legal reasons" rather than to be helpful to anyone...
...I also attempt to start this "thread/blog" in apology at anyone I have so far "offended" but I don't know WHY OR HOW I did so!
Thus I also appreciate feedback about "understanding" or "hate" in general - for "AUTISTIC people on the Internet" ONLY (not concerning society in general, please)... For even here, on NAS, there seems to be no-place where Autistic Adults THEMSELVES have a forum... or for those "Autistic 'children' who know how to program a computer"...?

Parents
  • If there is no page explaining this already:
    .. Can someone explain what ALL of those "achievements" mean , or/and how to "achieve" them? For instance, there is an "achievement" award for "Ask a question on a forum"... yet it seems to me that an awful lot of people ask an awful lot of each other an awful lot of "question"s... and yet (on my E-Reader at least) "no-one" has "achieved" this "achievement"...

I myself have at least "achieved" the "Discussion Starter" "Award" (...). But for me being occasionally playing video-games upon a separate computer system (I play SKYLANDERS)... this "achievement" system would be yet another thing totally NOT understood by me, and useful to clarify here.

• If there is no page explaining this already:
    .. Can someone explain what ALL of those "achievements" mean , or/and how to "achieve" them? For instance, there is an "achievement" award for "Ask a question on a forum"... yet it seems to me that an awful lot of people ask an awful lot of each other an awful lot of "question"s... and yet (on my E-Reader at least) "no-one" has "achieved" this "achievement"...

I myself have at least "achieved" the "Discussion Starter" "Award" (...). But for me being occasionally playing video-games upon a separate computer system (I play SKYLANDERS)... this "achievement" system would be yet another thing totally NOT understood by me, and useful to clarify here.

Children
  • PS.: The Vote Up thing is presumably to indicate that you like or agree with what someone else has written. On Facebook it's often a collection game and a means of showing bullies that they are popular in order to not become their victim, but here it's mostly quite genuine. So not sure what the benefit of liking one's own comments is.

• Not really sure what the intention behind introducing those "achievements" was - presumably to encourage people to post more, maybe because it was all a bit dead here a couple of months ago. Perhaps that was supposed to appeal to autistic people (as they all like collecting things, you know...). No idea if anybody gets competitive about it? I'm finding it all a bit strange, slightly patronising (given that kids can't join this forum) and something best be ignored, it's just a distraction they could have done without. Don't think it's really worth exploring this much deeper.

But to answer your question: No, I can't explain it.