AUTISTIC PEOPLE ON THE (N.A.S.) INTERNET, AND "HOW-TO" USE IT.

I am new to this WHOLE "Internet/post/thread/blog" business... but I am NOT new to being able to write lucidly or how to use computers at all. NAS gives some "rules" but they are not all that clear. Mostly they say that you should do things which 'are okay as if the entire affair were RATED UNDER 15 if it were a classified as a movie'. But AUTISTIC persons like me make mistakes in "INTERNET-MANNER" without realising it... and so this "thread" or whatever invites rules CLARIFYING anything. I hope anyone understands, and "posts" something helpful.
For examples: One *not* stated rule seems to be: DO NOT WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS! But there seems to be no other way to emphasise certain words, e.g. no ITALLICS are available.
Another thing I have noticed is that people are very quick to tap the "unlike" button, but are much less likely to tap the "like" button, even in giving a genuine "Thank You", and yet all "views" are counted anyway.
Lastly, on some devices, "hints and tips" flashes up and then disappears so fast, that it is as if it is only there to satisfy "legal reasons" rather than to be helpful to anyone...
...I also attempt to start this "thread/blog" in apology at anyone I have so far "offended" but I don't know WHY OR HOW I did so!
Thus I also appreciate feedback about "understanding" or "hate" in general - for "AUTISTIC people on the Internet" ONLY (not concerning society in general, please)... For even here, on NAS, there seems to be no-place where Autistic Adults THEMSELVES have a forum... or for those "Autistic 'children' who know how to program a computer"...?

Parents
  • I actually watch a lot of 15 rated American DVD rated TV series.  

Yet when I use similar language(swearing etc) I end up in trouble.  Official written warnings from website administrators.

And I react very negatively.

• To Robert123...I wasn't certain how to reply, but then I looked back at a certain other "thread" ("formal diagnosis... advice, please") and saw that you are one of "those persons", just like myself, who has done a certain thing which... well, 'provoked a certain response from NAS, which they think is helpful but isn't always'. I have also done this, on yet another thread... and if this seems confusing, then part of that is what this reply is about.

1- The "helpful" response from NAS. - I don't repeat the exact words here, because the topic itself would be a diversion from this thread here. But the fact that they give a stock response to CERTAIN KEYWORDS --- that IS a topic for this thread.
    2- The "rule 4" response from NAS. - Same as before. I wrote an entry about this which should be far below: the entry that contains [ "!!!!OMG!!! THAT IS SOOOOO FUNNY!!! LOL!!!" ] ... that one, down there.
    3- Why I reply to your reply is... note that I first of all said " 'are okay as if the entire affair were RATED UNDER 15 if it were a classified as a movie'." -note here the word UNDER. I suppose this means that, if you speak, write or act as if you were in a 12A or PG13 movie, then that is more acceptable.

...and if THIS seems confusing, then this last should make it all quite clear:
    I *would* like to start a NEW THREAD, titled:
    "Words and Things (concerning Autism) which you are NOT allowed to talk about on the NAS-WEBSITE. "
    ...But of course I can't, because we aren't allowed to talk about them! (やれやれ...)

• To Robert123...I wasn't certain how to reply, but then I looked back at a certain other "thread" ("formal diagnosis... advice, please") and saw that you are one of "those persons", just like myself, who has done a certain thing which... well, 'provoked a certain response from NAS, which they think is helpful but isn't always'. I have also done this, on yet another thread... and if this seems confusing, then part of that is what this reply is about.

1- The "helpful" response from NAS. - I don't repeat the exact words here, because the topic itself would be a diversion from this thread here. But the fact that they give a stock response to CERTAIN KEYWORDS --- that IS a topic for this thread.
    2- The "rule 4" response from NAS. - Same as before. I wrote an entry about this which should be far below: the entry that contains [ "!!!!OMG!!! THAT IS SOOOOO FUNNY!!! LOL!!!" ] ... that one, down there.
    3- Why I reply to your reply is... note that I first of all said " 'are okay as if the entire affair were RATED UNDER 15 if it were a classified as a movie'." -note here the word UNDER. I suppose this means that, if you speak, write or act as if you were in a 12A or PG13 movie, then that is more acceptable.

...and if THIS seems confusing, then this last should make it all quite clear:
    I *would* like to start a NEW THREAD, titled:
    "Words and Things (concerning Autism) which you are NOT allowed to talk about on the NAS-WEBSITE. "
    ...But of course I can't, because we aren't allowed to talk about them! (やれやれ...)

Children
  • If I offended you, then I apologise.  But it's just the way I am!!!

I have a VERY good eye for detail.  And this rubs people up the wrong way.

A few weeks ago I was in an office waiting room and noticed that the firm's displayed insurance certificate was 6 days out of date. It was 6 Oct 2017 ( the certificate was from 1 Oct 2016 to 30 September 2017).  I mentioned it to them and got some very funny looks.

• Think I can see what you mean about the "helpful" response from NAS. It would upset me only more to get such a response because I would surely already have tried everything I could to find the information myself. But then sometimes people seem really grateful, either they just pretend this or they had actually really not searched in the right place. So maybe it is useful more often than we would think. Generally I think anything that allows to access more individual support is worth posting, but with links to some general information I'm not so sure, that can go both ways. If someone hasn't seen this general information anywhere yet then it may be helping, but if they have already read the same in various places it could make them even more desperate. No idea, guess the NAS people know what they are doing.