To Get A Formal Diagnosis or Not? ADVICE please!

I visited my GP yesterday and spoke to her for the first time about Aspie’s. She said that she would refer me if I wanted but posed the question what would it achieve? Or rather what would I want to achieve? What are my reasons for seeking one? 

I need some opinions and experience about self-diagnosis vs formal diagnosis...I have some reasons already which I will inevitably list at some point...

but for now I’m just interested in a general opinion so I can make the choice a little easier...

many thanks for your helps!

Parents
  • In fact I tried to appear 'normal' at my latest interview, last week.   And I failed miserably.  I froze when they asked me what I knew about the company and why I wanted to work for them.  I'm very poor at being enthusiastic and giving false praise.  The four hour  wait for the actual interview also drained me mentally.

The recruitment agency invited all of us for 10am.  I was number 11 out of 12 candidates to be interviewed.  And my turn came at 2:10pm.

The big question is should I admit to having autistic traits and ask for special treatment.

• In fact I tried to appear 'normal' at my latest interview, last week.   And I failed miserably.  I froze when they asked me what I knew about the company and why I wanted to work for them.  I'm very poor at being enthusiastic and giving false praise.  The four hour  wait for the actual interview also drained me mentally.

The recruitment agency invited all of us for 10am.  I was number 11 out of 12 candidates to be interviewed.  And my turn came at 2:10pm.

The big question is should I admit to having autistic traits and ask for special treatment.

Children