Back pain

Hi

i have some form of instability in my back that the doctors can't get to the bottom of, but the net result is back pain that painkillers don't deal with and it disturbs my sleep every single night. Having just read a couple of other posts and wondering for a while now about the possibility of some form of co-morbidity between autism and back issues, I thought I would just do a quick straw poll to find out how wide spread the issue is.

Thanks 

Andrew

Parents
  • Hi, It could be Earlos Danlos Syndrome, as I have back pain too. It's a over flexible soft tissues muscle condition which effects the whole body. People don't often see what's the problem, link here https://www.ehlers-danlos.org/

Often local physios don't know about this condition, so often the exercises don't help, unless its private physio.

Most Gp's have not even heard of it before.

• Hi, It could be Earlos Danlos Syndrome, as I have back pain too. It's a over flexible soft tissues muscle condition which effects the whole body. People don't often see what's the problem, link here https://www.ehlers-danlos.org/

Often local physios don't know about this condition, so often the exercises don't help, unless its private physio.

Most Gp's have not even heard of it before.

Children
  • Hello Zantana.. I have printed off the list of symptoms and sub symptoms and highlighted all the ones which I have. But Im just wondering how helpful it is to get a diagnosis for eds? or is it another  good to know as part of the jigsaw puzzle of or lives and conditions? . Plus I really can't get my head round this being a possibility because Im very inflexible and not at all bendy but lots of other things fit... curiously Misfit thanks 

• Now it's interesting you should mention EDS, as I do know about it having dated someone with it. Interesting enough she had a brother on the spectrum. I do have some characteristics, such as being able to touch the tip of my nose with my tongue, but despite being hypermobile I don't have enough extra mobility to make EDS likely but I have always wondered about it.