That Friday Brain Feeling

Its Friday.

Finally!
After a long working week, spent combining fitting into the NT office environment, smiling appropriately when people make jokes and managing to not say the things my brain lets slip, my brain is empty.

On a good week its not so bad - I can continue with intelligent conversation through the weekend, but a week like this, which has also had me doing some very challenging data analysis has drained me completely.

I like analysing data, looking for patterns etc. It's like feeding a monster something to prevent it from eating people. In my case, keeping my brain busy means it doesnt spend all the time overanalysing everything in my life. However, this week I have been analysing data, and then having to explain my process and logic to people who do not think like me, which is not easy. In fact it took longer to explain than to do the work, and I find it very challenging to explain things I find simple to people who do not understand. Its hard to be patient, especially when I know its right, and I could be doing something more valuable than explaining.

How do other people cope with brain exhaustion? All suggestions welcome!

Parents
  • Some ideas on the shutdown thread... we're all so different.. sleep, films, reading, walking, creating something, exercise, going for a drive, soaking in a bath, switch off game of some sort, meditation... hope you have a good weekend 

• I often do most of these, apart from driving as I can't drive, so that may be frowned upon. Reading is probably my most used one.

Sometimes I like to watch something on TV thats not complicated to watch!

One I have found recently is a series on Netflix. It's Russian so has subtitles, and is a neat and uncomplicated police crime drama called 'Sniffer', a bit like a Russian version of 'Lie to me'. Its easy to watch, does not have any hidden narratives, and is about someone who doesnt quite fit in and sees the world differently from those around him, which I can empathise with Slight smile

• Yes easy tv is another one sometimes. Plenty of styles to choose from either on tv or the Internet. I don't have Netflix but the series you mention sounds good. There was both a Welsh series fitting that description but also a Scottish one based on anne cleaves books 

• Yes easy tv is another one sometimes. Plenty of styles to choose from either on tv or the Internet. I don't have Netflix but the series you mention sounds good. There was both a Welsh series fitting that description but also a Scottish one based on anne cleaves books 

Children
No Data