Newbie here, needing advice!

I'm a 29 year old female, diagnosed as having ASD April last year. I still live at home with my parents and soon they are planning on moving to a completely new area. I will move with them and am looking forward to it, my older sister whom I am very close to has already moved there with her 3 children. I am however anxious about finding a new job.

I used to work 37.5hrs a week but eventually couldn't cope anymore, after a few months off work with depression, anxiety, OCD, I reduced my working hours to 30hrs per week which is much more manageable. I do still struggle to cope with the demands that working places on me: social contact, having to do things a certain way, noise, bright light, having to focus and muti task etc but can't afford to not work.

I'm really worried about finding a suitable job, applying and gaining a new employment that I can cope with. The longest spell I have gone been unemployed was 18 months so obviously this is worrying me massively and affecting my mood. At the time I was unaware I was autistic but now I know, do I disclose and if so when during the whole process? 

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this and for any replies I may receive.

Tash

Parents Reply Children
No Data