Asperger United Magazine........

Hi,

What are peoples thougts on the end of the Paper version of the Aspergers United Magazine?

I find it a little odd hta the announcement was made without FIRST seeking the opnions oof the readers. There is a questionaire included but he announcement is definate that ther will no longer be a Paper version. The next edition will be he final one and will sibsequently be only available online.

It is a fact that Adults with Asperegers have the least of all services fro people on the Spectrum. So why make savings there? maybe because other people like myself with Aspergers will not kick up enough fuss for anyone to care. It is an easy option. We will just go on struggling through life. Just about coping, living, maybe unhappy and then die. We often don't look any different and nobody cares.

I am guessing that that many magazines probably endup  Proffessionals postboxes and never get read. For many though it is an important and valid publication. Recieving it really matters. For me it is a thing that makes me feel like I exist.

I really do struggle to talk with people or communicate in general. i don't really have a voice. I can't do it. I am sure others are the same and will not be head because also by their nature they cannot communicate what would be needed to keep the paper version of Aspergers United in print. It a little like telling someone in a wheelchair to use the stairs.

I don't understand why proffessonals cannot be charged for the publication or that the paper quality is reduced (making the item lighter) or making the publication a smaller A5 format which would reduce postage costs too. Or making it totally black and white. Or having a limit on the number of words per article. Or maybe post all the copies to a lcal office and let subscribers collect there copy locally. But NO, none of these things have been tried......instead it is just been stopped.

I think that it is fundametally wrong that the anouncement to stop the Paper version was made before first seeking feedback or considering savings that would enable it to be run on a cheaper footing.

NAS ia a charity. What percentage of donations is spent on Adult Aspergers? What percentage of cuts affects adults with Asergers? I would really like to see these figures so that I could make a true evaluation of the decisions to make the 'Savings' gained by the stopping of the Paper version of Aspergers United.

Parents
  • Glad Tidings and Fair Play, to all who may read.

I found this Thread about Asperger United Magazine. (I did not have to start another Thread about it.) And so I Post here two links to the actual thing:

http://www.autism.org.uk/about/adult-life/resources/asperger-united.aspxnline 

http://www.autism.org.uk/about/adult-life/resources/asperger-united.aspx

(...Surely one of these Links should work for anyone interested. Note: This is within the NAS Website, and not a separate thing. Goodbye for now, from myself.)

• ...I was about to sign off, but then Miss Endymion and Mr LoneWarrior wrote stuff. And so I am uncertain of what to say, I am sort of hoping that "The Mods" still support this magazine...

Yes, the Paper Copy is still going for now. When I visited NAS in London, I could pick up one for free, along with that "Your Autism" thing...! But the best thing NAS offers/offered was the "Autism Alert" Card/wallet, but this has to be paid for now... Darn it...  That is just my opinion anyway.

To subscribe to AU on paper, the address should be in the magazine somewhere. I am uncertain how much longer this may remain, however...

The printed letter written was in a bit of a panic - yet it was printed anyway (!). Now people here know about it! Few people write to AU about Online and vice-versa. I cannot EMail. To write to AU the address is in the magazine.

As usual, when it gets late (1.22.30h, AM), I waffle and have trouble with typing... but I have respect for AU and so I say to write to them, please. And I prefer that a Moderator can answer what is asked about AU better than I can, here. (e.g. The first link I posted does not work for me now- even though I just posted it!!) 

• That’s fine,,the second link works ok, Without you restarting this old thread I would never have seen the magazine, thank you and please know I regard you as a friend,,even though you say you cannot or are not allowed to befriend on here.

I may just try to request such a thing, if only so that I can end you pictures of my amazing clothing rangeLol.

x()x

• Thank you taking the time to explain in detail why you cannot receive messages. Just to say I get emails from NAS asking me to donate but still no email notifications in months now, all my settings are correct, very annoying. It was fixed but very short lived. 

I do genuinely enjoy reading your replies, You have a strong identity which shines through with your words.

It was a really nice if not strange thing to suddenly see missy and spotty appear like that, both had not visited for quite some time, to then come here and find that thread waiting for them is positively brilliant. I had started it up for all the new females who had come on board lately. Of coarse Ellie was the one who started it all those months ago. It is a bit mixed up and strays off topic but I think it showed that there was a really close feeling of community then. It encouraged many to actually start talking as they could see many similarities to themselves in the conversations. 

I thank Ellie very much for bringing so many together in such a warm and welcoming way.

I found so much help and support from many back then, That is how it is here,,,we all help as best we can by sharing our experiences and when things get really tough someone always has wise words to try and help.

take care DC,,

x()x

• cannot or are not allowed to befriend on here.

Glad Tidings to Mr LoneWarrior...

...! Due to 'Personal Circumstances' which means my own so-called "Brother", I was unable to log on for the past few days... but I am able, it seems, to write this just now.

Regarding what I quote, there, it is a long-term thing about my devices which I shall explain (again): I can "friend" people, and I can send messages... but the device which uses my EMail address for this Forum has not worked since October (the Updates! if anyone recalls)... and what I use to type now is an EReader with a different address. 

The two are not compatible - as in Microsoft vs. Apple...

I detailed this upon my "NAS Internet And How To Use It" Thread(s), to which WebPM replied... But it is not such a bother to myself, and I only mention it again to clear up any confusion that way, as you mention, there.

I can Post, but I cannot EMail/Text/Message... BACK. I can "Friend" or send, but I cannot recieve. One device is limited outwards, and I have none which are Inwards. That is about all I can say about it. Just now. 

Good fortune to you... and I am glad to see that "Spotty" and "Missy" still acknowledge you as well, Good Sir!

• cannot or are not allowed to befriend on here.

Glad Tidings to Mr LoneWarrior...

...! Due to 'Personal Circumstances' which means my own so-called "Brother", I was unable to log on for the past few days... but I am able, it seems, to write this just now.

Regarding what I quote, there, it is a long-term thing about my devices which I shall explain (again): I can "friend" people, and I can send messages... but the device which uses my EMail address for this Forum has not worked since October (the Updates! if anyone recalls)... and what I use to type now is an EReader with a different address. 

The two are not compatible - as in Microsoft vs. Apple...

I detailed this upon my "NAS Internet And How To Use It" Thread(s), to which WebPM replied... But it is not such a bother to myself, and I only mention it again to clear up any confusion that way, as you mention, there.

I can Post, but I cannot EMail/Text/Message... BACK. I can "Friend" or send, but I cannot recieve. One device is limited outwards, and I have none which are Inwards. That is about all I can say about it. Just now. 

Good fortune to you... and I am glad to see that "Spotty" and "Missy" still acknowledge you as well, Good Sir!

Children
  • Thank you taking the time to explain in detail why you cannot receive messages. Just to say I get emails from NAS asking me to donate but still no email notifications in months now, all my settings are correct, very annoying. It was fixed but very short lived. 

I do genuinely enjoy reading your replies, You have a strong identity which shines through with your words.

It was a really nice if not strange thing to suddenly see missy and spotty appear like that, both had not visited for quite some time, to then come here and find that thread waiting for them is positively brilliant. I had started it up for all the new females who had come on board lately. Of coarse Ellie was the one who started it all those months ago. It is a bit mixed up and strays off topic but I think it showed that there was a really close feeling of community then. It encouraged many to actually start talking as they could see many similarities to themselves in the conversations. 

I thank Ellie very much for bringing so many together in such a warm and welcoming way.

I found so much help and support from many back then, That is how it is here,,,we all help as best we can by sharing our experiences and when things get really tough someone always has wise words to try and help.

take care DC,,

x()x