Slowing down!

Does anyone else out there find that symptoms of anxiety leading to exhaustion get worse as you get older? I am fifty years old, diagnosed with Asperger, and am finding it increasingly difficult to get up for work or even maintain an interest in my passion for woodturning? Is this an experience shared by others? I feel like I have hit burnout and finding it all rather depressing.

Parents
  • Hi Andrew

I'm 50 and diagnosed over a year ago, I am struggling with anxiety and life in general. I don't really have any motivation, I still have my job, but that often just feels like a time filler.

I think modern life is getting so much harder in general, especially when living on my own. I do find my anxiety does build up very high and the only thing that stops it is simply burning out of emotional energy. I don't feel like getting up in the Morning (could that be more down to depression), Recently when I wake the real world suddenly comes in to view and I get in to a highly anxious state.

Random

• Hi Andrew

I'm 50 and diagnosed over a year ago, I am struggling with anxiety and life in general. I don't really have any motivation, I still have my job, but that often just feels like a time filler.

I think modern life is getting so much harder in general, especially when living on my own. I do find my anxiety does build up very high and the only thing that stops it is simply burning out of emotional energy. I don't feel like getting up in the Morning (could that be more down to depression), Recently when I wake the real world suddenly comes in to view and I get in to a highly anxious state.

Random

Children
No Data