Jury duty

HI

I have been asked to do jury duty and I really really cannot do it. I have sent the form back asking to be excused. I was diagnosed late in life 2 years ago. I just hope they do excuse me as I am anxious now waiting to see if they get back. 

Does anyone have any experience of how this works. Do you think having aspergers will be a good enough reason to be excused. I realise we are all different and some would love the opportunity but I am not one. 

Thanks in advance for any input.

Parents
  • Quite relieved after reading the posts on here.

I received a letter today summoning me to jury service, and i've been a bag of nerves, worrying about whether or not I will be excused. I suffer from extreme anxiety, struggle a lot with social interaction and have a phobia of public transport (which unfortunately is so crippling I've been out of work for a long time) so the idea of travelling up to London every day and having to meet and talk with a bunch of people i've never met is making me very nervous. I honestly don't think I'd be able to do it.

I'll contact them and ask if I can be excused, and hopefully they will understand.

• Quite relieved after reading the posts on here.

I received a letter today summoning me to jury service, and i've been a bag of nerves, worrying about whether or not I will be excused. I suffer from extreme anxiety, struggle a lot with social interaction and have a phobia of public transport (which unfortunately is so crippling I've been out of work for a long time) so the idea of travelling up to London every day and having to meet and talk with a bunch of people i've never met is making me very nervous. I honestly don't think I'd be able to do it.

I'll contact them and ask if I can be excused, and hopefully they will understand.

Children
No Data