Getting a Job

Isnt it really unfair that employers turn people away because they have HFA or Asperger syndrome?? 

I believe there isnt a lot of support from the UK government when it comes to tackling job employment for the disabled. Would i be right in saying that??

Who on here actually has a part-time or full-time job?

Parents Reply Children
  • Same! Which is exactly why I'm only working two or three hours a week at the moment in a job with no-one else around. It pays peanuts but it'll do for now.

I want to start working part-time later this year once I (hopefully) feel a bit healthier. I'd ideally prefer a job with no other people and no computers but that isn't going to happen I guess so I'm deciding which of the two I can bear to put up with   :)   In 44 years I haven't appeared to learn enough about people so I figure it's about time I learned more about computers instead, starting in April. 

• I do not like working with people. People are totally unpredictable.

I like rules and predictable things.

• I know so little about computers, it's embarrassing   :(   I wouldn't even know where to start to find work like that. The work I'm qualified to do means working with people, which I very much enjoyed studying for, but I really do not enjoy working with people. All theory, no practice! 

Sorry I can't offer any constructive suggestions.