Getting a Job

Isnt it really unfair that employers turn people away because they have HFA or Asperger syndrome?? 

I believe there isnt a lot of support from the UK government when it comes to tackling job employment for the disabled. Would i be right in saying that??

Who on here actually has a part-time or full-time job?

Parents
  • Getting a job is hard for anyone these days, let alone if you have a disability.

If you have a job in these times, you have to consider yourself really lucky.

Longman made a good point: teamwork, social skills and flexibility do not come naturally to people with ASD, and so we either have to lie in order to get the job and then suffer later, or be honest and end up not getting the job! It is a catch-22 situation because either way it is hard getting and keeping jobs if you have ASD. This is not to say that it cannot be done because there are sympathetic employers out there, but particularly in the private sector, with the past-paced drive to make super profits, intolerance to difference abounds.  With this governments assault on the public sector and schemes  that help disabled people get into work in local government, it is going to get even tougher.  I did two weeks work experience in local government under  a partnership scheme to help those with disabilities, but this scheme has now been scrapped!.

• Getting a job is hard for anyone these days, let alone if you have a disability.

If you have a job in these times, you have to consider yourself really lucky.

Longman made a good point: teamwork, social skills and flexibility do not come naturally to people with ASD, and so we either have to lie in order to get the job and then suffer later, or be honest and end up not getting the job! It is a catch-22 situation because either way it is hard getting and keeping jobs if you have ASD. This is not to say that it cannot be done because there are sympathetic employers out there, but particularly in the private sector, with the past-paced drive to make super profits, intolerance to difference abounds.  With this governments assault on the public sector and schemes  that help disabled people get into work in local government, it is going to get even tougher.  I did two weeks work experience in local government under  a partnership scheme to help those with disabilities, but this scheme has now been scrapped!.

Children
No Data