Asperger's and Jobs

I was wondering as an Aspie myself. What jobs do those of you with Asperger's do for a living?

What jobs do you think would be suitable for someone with Asperger's like myself? Any ideas?

Parents
  • Since graduating in 2013 in Communication with PR (some part of that was to try to understand the things that are hard to understand with autism - turns out, even if you understand them, you can't change a lot of them!). Since then I struggled to find work, in fact I don't even feel competent in the area of my degree to be honest. I had a placement and it was like I hadn't a clue. in 2009-10 I completed the first year of a sport foundation degree, but I always wanted to finish it so I did last year. Find a job has been tough and finding work I enjoy even tougher. I have had jobs in the communication and sport industry, both of which I didn't enjoy. I now want to try to be a mechanic in order to do a job I would imagine I would like and finally earn some money too. I also feel help for us has been poor. I have had trouble with work but there's no support - doctors just sign post me and it's a circle of passing me on, financially its also tough because work is quite hard for me. I want to work, but I want some support to help me manage my working life long term.

• Since graduating in 2013 in Communication with PR (some part of that was to try to understand the things that are hard to understand with autism - turns out, even if you understand them, you can't change a lot of them!). Since then I struggled to find work, in fact I don't even feel competent in the area of my degree to be honest. I had a placement and it was like I hadn't a clue. in 2009-10 I completed the first year of a sport foundation degree, but I always wanted to finish it so I did last year. Find a job has been tough and finding work I enjoy even tougher. I have had jobs in the communication and sport industry, both of which I didn't enjoy. I now want to try to be a mechanic in order to do a job I would imagine I would like and finally earn some money too. I also feel help for us has been poor. I have had trouble with work but there's no support - doctors just sign post me and it's a circle of passing me on, financially its also tough because work is quite hard for me. I want to work, but I want some support to help me manage my working life long term.

Children
No Data