Can you have Asperger's without a 'special interest'?

When I was diagnosed I was told that I had either high functioning autism or Asperger's. The official letter I received stated that my diagnosis was Asperger's. I don't have a special interest that I obsess over though. Well not that I can think of. Do you have to have one if you have Asperger's? Thanks

Parents
  • Thanks to you all. I have a better understanding now of what it means. I think I do have 'special interests' but they change with time and aren't life long. I do talk about my dog way too much.

Merry Christmas x

• Thanks to you all. I have a better understanding now of what it means. I think I do have 'special interests' but they change with time and aren't life long. I do talk about my dog way too much.

Merry Christmas x

Children
  • Autumn75 said:
    I do talk about my dog way too much

~ that made me laugh :-) my special interests or obsessions can change quickly but whatever I'm interested in at the time, is what I talk about, a lot, and I don't want to talk about anything else. lol so my current favourite interest is van conversions, making vans into homes! I am actually going to get one, but I can see it's an obsession. Prior to my diagnosis, I wouldn't of thought of it that way but now I see I have many obsessions!