Two year old won't wear shoes!! Desperate!

My two year old son, diagnosed recently with ASD won't wear his shoes. He hasn't been able to wear shoes for two months. He won't put his feet on the floor and cries hysterically. I've tried putting him in the same design of shoe - didn't work. It's like he's in so much pain... He withdraws into himself and becomes very subdued. This can last for a few days. I'm struggling. I need him to run and jump around outside in the fresh air to encourage him to sleep at night. ANY suggestion would be so welcome. Thank you so much for reading. 

Parents
  • have you tried all sorts of shoes? Slippers? Wellies? socks and sandals?  Socks inside out as well so the seams don't rub.  My son didn't mind shoes but he loves his Ugg boots as they are really soft and cosy, and would prefer them over everything else.  Not very waterproof but as this sounds a bit desperate, and I can totally understand it must be awful to be cooped up inside with a 2 year old.

Also how about visiting an indoor play place, where he can just wear socks, or swimming to burn off some energy?

Hope you resolve it soon. 

• have you tried all sorts of shoes? Slippers? Wellies? socks and sandals?  Socks inside out as well so the seams don't rub.  My son didn't mind shoes but he loves his Ugg boots as they are really soft and cosy, and would prefer them over everything else.  Not very waterproof but as this sounds a bit desperate, and I can totally understand it must be awful to be cooped up inside with a 2 year old.

Also how about visiting an indoor play place, where he can just wear socks, or swimming to burn off some energy?

Hope you resolve it soon. 

Children
No Data