Relationships

What are autistic adults supposed to do about relationships?

All the social skills stuff is about starting conversations or finding friends, but nothing about what to do after that.

I can find nothing for autistic adults and how to deal with the complexities of relationships. It is all just surface stuff about how to talk to people, or start conversations. 

Where can I find out what to do?

Parents
  • I find it is very easy to become attached to one person, espcially when you have no other friends. But I always think to myself that I need to be happy on my own before I can be happy with someone else, and that seems to be a problem you are having. 

Have you tried a hotline like the Samaritans? They are great as you can talk to them about anything and help you see throught he problems into a safer place.

Remeber to stay safe, it is not worth staying in a relationship if it is making you unhappy. I know it can be difficult if you are afriad of being alone. But being unhappy will make you lonely anyway.

It does get better, you WILL find another friend/partner who deserves you much more than someone who will make you sad.

• I find it is very easy to become attached to one person, espcially when you have no other friends. But I always think to myself that I need to be happy on my own before I can be happy with someone else, and that seems to be a problem you are having. 

Have you tried a hotline like the Samaritans? They are great as you can talk to them about anything and help you see throught he problems into a safer place.

Remeber to stay safe, it is not worth staying in a relationship if it is making you unhappy. I know it can be difficult if you are afriad of being alone. But being unhappy will make you lonely anyway.

It does get better, you WILL find another friend/partner who deserves you much more than someone who will make you sad.

Children
No Data