Super Dark Sunglasses

Simple question really, if anyone will know it'll be you lot.

Is there anywhere I could buy some seriously dark lensed sunglasses? (Dark enough to  not be suitable for driving for example) I've searched and searched and all I can find is welding glasses.

Ultra dark glasses would be handy for those nights where I'm just completely brain deaded from too much light or for some bright rooms where I work so I can avoid becoming brain deaded. Tonight I had to layer up two pairs to watch TV, looked like a plonker.

Thing like this should be avaible as a medical aid, surely?

Thankyou for reading :) 

Parents
  • Hi,

Opticians have dark lenses that are made to prescription. The colours are used to help with the oscelation experienced by many Dyslexics and those on the spectrum, but can be used for other conditions. These are not 'off the peg' purchases as the correct colour is very much down to the individual presentation and type of sensitivity.

My son has a wrap-around pair with extremely dark lenses to help with his light sensitivity and the profound migraines that this can cause. People often comment that he looks odd wearing wrap-around sunglasses when the sun is absent, but few realize his profound medical need. Don't worry about how it looks, whats important is your well-being.

Link attached helps explain how the lenses work, but contact some good opticians in your area and ask for quotes. They can be costly, but frankly I'm not sure you can put a cost on your health.

http://irlen.com/

Good Luck,

Regards

Coogybear.

• Hi,

Opticians have dark lenses that are made to prescription. The colours are used to help with the oscelation experienced by many Dyslexics and those on the spectrum, but can be used for other conditions. These are not 'off the peg' purchases as the correct colour is very much down to the individual presentation and type of sensitivity.

My son has a wrap-around pair with extremely dark lenses to help with his light sensitivity and the profound migraines that this can cause. People often comment that he looks odd wearing wrap-around sunglasses when the sun is absent, but few realize his profound medical need. Don't worry about how it looks, whats important is your well-being.

Link attached helps explain how the lenses work, but contact some good opticians in your area and ask for quotes. They can be costly, but frankly I'm not sure you can put a cost on your health.

http://irlen.com/

Good Luck,

Regards

Coogybear.

Children
No Data