Claiming ESA and PIP diagnosed with Aspergers

Has anyone diganosed with Autism or Aspergers been sucessful in their claim with ESA or PIP? I claimed PIP but I wasn't sucessful I am going through the appeal process. 

I have since found too, I could quite possibly be entiled to ESA as how much my aspergers impacts my life in so many ways going back as far as pre-school. 

Does anyone have any experiences advice or pointers that they could give me. I have read online there is a certain group you have to go to if you claim ESA can the DWP do that with someone with aspergers Syndrome is claiming? As part of their disablity is socializing, change, things out of the blue and coping with life outside of the house. 

Thank you.

Parents
  • The lovely woman who dealt with my assessment suggested I look into the possibility of PIP. The form landed last Friday.

She also indicated that forms like these are poorly set up to take into account conditions like AS, thus many people struggle to complete them accurately. For someone like me, who over-analyses every last word and is compulsively honest and forthright, I immediately worried that this would become my problem.

She directed us to a disability support group who actually have experience in helping claimants fill in forms or dealing with DWP, so... There is hope for me yet.

I'm so sorry to hear you've been refused and forced down the the route of appealing. Are there any similar services local to you who might be able to advise you or back your claim? 

• The lovely woman who dealt with my assessment suggested I look into the possibility of PIP. The form landed last Friday.

She also indicated that forms like these are poorly set up to take into account conditions like AS, thus many people struggle to complete them accurately. For someone like me, who over-analyses every last word and is compulsively honest and forthright, I immediately worried that this would become my problem.

She directed us to a disability support group who actually have experience in helping claimants fill in forms or dealing with DWP, so... There is hope for me yet.

I'm so sorry to hear you've been refused and forced down the the route of appealing. Are there any similar services local to you who might be able to advise you or back your claim? 

Children
No Data