Sleeping Issues

Hi,

Our baby who is 2 1/2 yrs been told to be having autistic behaviour. We have got to know about autism recently. After reading about it a lot we now realise that his sleeping issues probably are related to ASD.

For almost 1 year now he tend to wake up at least once or twise during the night and we put him back to sleep. This does not happen daily but he has a twin brother and we clearly see that there is lack of sleeping quality of him compared to his brother. Even last night he woke up twise.

All these days the obvious thing we thought was that he is hungry and to give him milk. Which usually works.

after reading about it now i also tend to see that 'milk' may probably be bad for children with ASD also.

Has anyone done any home remodies to make the situation better ? has it worked ? please help.

Parents
  • Many ASD children are intolerant of cow's milk. I hated the stuff as a child, and would make merry hell when forced to drink it! 

You could try replacing the cow's milk with sheep's or goat's milk, which is usually better tolerated. All milk contains lactose though, which is form of sugar, so not an ideal bedtime drink unless you can brush their teeth afterwards.

I would contact a nutritional therapist for advice, as changing his diet generally may improve his sleep bant.org.uk/.../practitionerSearch.faces

• Many ASD children are intolerant of cow's milk. I hated the stuff as a child, and would make merry hell when forced to drink it! 

You could try replacing the cow's milk with sheep's or goat's milk, which is usually better tolerated. All milk contains lactose though, which is form of sugar, so not an ideal bedtime drink unless you can brush their teeth afterwards.

I would contact a nutritional therapist for advice, as changing his diet generally may improve his sleep bant.org.uk/.../practitionerSearch.faces

Children
No Data