adult wetting

I am a 19 yr old with ADHD, SPD and recently diagnosed with ASD. 

I have always had issues with using the toilet. In terms of bladder I often dont know I have to go until the last minute and I have to go immediately (which leads to the occasional accident). Recently I've had a lot on with exams, assessments etc and I've had increasing problems. My parents have been reminding me to go but I'm not getting the message from my body until I have wet myself or I'm wetting already. My parents are supportive and just say I'm not processing the message because there's other things on my mind. I've also occasionally wet the bed during night terrors I just womdered whether anyone else had this issue. I have no physical problepm(uti, constapation or anything) and what other people do to try and get over it?

• I have the opposite problem: I want to go all the time!  Luckily I can usually hold it. Except there was one period when I was Very worried when I lost control, so I think your parents are probably right about it being exam stress.

Besides going whenever you can (I guess you are already trying to do that...) the things I can think of are:

Using adult pull-ups.  Just so you don't have to worry about this until your exams are over?

Make sure you are drinking enough: if you don't drink enough your bladder can get irritated. If your pee is dark then you should drink more. They say it should be 'straw coloured', so light yellow.

Talk to your school/university/whatever and make sure they know that you may have to run out suddenly during exams.