In England, are people with an ASD considered disabled and/or vulnerable under English Law?

In England, under English Law (Mental Health Capacity Act, Vunerable Adults Act, Disability Discrimination Act, Equalities Act, Autism Act, etc), are adults with an ASD considered to be disabled, mentally disabled, vulnerable adults, or similar?

And if so, what are the legal rights of such ASD suffers, what are they entitled to that differ from a non-ASD person, so on and so forth, etc? 

(I have Asperger Syndrome and suffer badly from depression, anxiety, paranoia, fear for the future, difficulty coping with change, etc.  So I am wondering whether I am considered as having a disablity, a mental disability, and/or considered a vulnerable adult.)

Parents
  • I am a realist, neither optimistic nor pessimistic. Longman, I do not believe there is a private members club. We all come to this discussion with different life experiences and therefore different perspectives. Everyone has the right to their own opinion and so we will quite naturally disagree.

Because I am a realist, I understand that due to our present society, which has only has room for a few at the top,  most people (with or without aspergers) will not find fame and success, if by that we mean a job  with high responsibility, plenty of control and security. Britain is one of the most unequal societies in the world, so what hope is there for a marginal group with significant difficulties to make it to the top? I am not denying the fact that there are individuals within this group who do succeed, but it would surely be a massive overstatement to say that aspie high-achieving, let alone fame, is the norm. Einstein was a remarkable individual, but it is not clear whether or not he was autistic. He might have been but we just don't know. And if he was, he is not representative of most people with ASD. However, it is possible for people with ASD to succeed in a smaller sense by overcoming some of their fears/anxieties, securing any form of employment, and finding a partner. In other words, it is possible for people with ASD to lead a more or less normal life.

• I am a realist, neither optimistic nor pessimistic. Longman, I do not believe there is a private members club. We all come to this discussion with different life experiences and therefore different perspectives. Everyone has the right to their own opinion and so we will quite naturally disagree.

Because I am a realist, I understand that due to our present society, which has only has room for a few at the top,  most people (with or without aspergers) will not find fame and success, if by that we mean a job  with high responsibility, plenty of control and security. Britain is one of the most unequal societies in the world, so what hope is there for a marginal group with significant difficulties to make it to the top? I am not denying the fact that there are individuals within this group who do succeed, but it would surely be a massive overstatement to say that aspie high-achieving, let alone fame, is the norm. Einstein was a remarkable individual, but it is not clear whether or not he was autistic. He might have been but we just don't know. And if he was, he is not representative of most people with ASD. However, it is possible for people with ASD to succeed in a smaller sense by overcoming some of their fears/anxieties, securing any form of employment, and finding a partner. In other words, it is possible for people with ASD to lead a more or less normal life.

Children
No Data